Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Not Ashamed!

     Tonight while I was sewing I was thinking about not being ashamed of what I believe and how I view things.  I was thinking about this because the other night at dinner my husband invited some good friends of our to visit our church.  Not that I wouldn't want them to come to church with us because I LOVE our church, and how every time I am there I encounter God and feel my relationship growing deeper with Him, but because I know from comments my husband has made about how he was raised in church is way different compared to the church we go to.  He didn't say it in a negative way, but I have visited his old church and it is different from where we go now.  Anyway's I was just so in awe of him inviting someone to church, and it really got me thinking about my own testimony/calling etc...  As a Christian it should be my goal to spread the awesome news that Jesus is my Lord and Savior!  I am not going to say I am a perfect person because that is so far from the truth, but I do try to live every day with the goal to live more like Him and worship Him!  I feel so convicted by the fact that I have not been more outgoing with the way I believe with my friends, family, etc and invited them to come to church or even share the gospel with them... I don't know why I have felt this feeling of doubt or fear they will judge me because I believe that all things are possible through Christ!  I do believe I serve a Mighty God who can do miraculous and wonderful things, I have the faith and have witnessed God's awesome power to heal the sick, meet a need that would have never been met, feel his presence overwhelm me to my knees and feel the peace pass over me that could never be explained with mere words.  I feel like while we were trying to find a church I have it in my head that I am not worthy to share the gospel, I shouldn't be involved until we have been there longer, and maybe what I think may have once been a calling is now just a memory... Oh no the Lord says He is with me and has called me to serve Him and hearing Him and being obedient to his Word is what He desires in me.  Christians we need to rise up, rise up and share what He has done for us, Rise up and show the world the light burning inside!!  My desire is to be a woman of the Word, I want to press in and know God and for Him to know every part of me!  I want to be used by God,  I want to hear His voice and when it may seem uncomfortable to me I want to have the confidence to share the Word or whatever it may be with someone!  I want to know that in the end I followed Christ and heard the call!  
   I know this is kinda all over the place, I am so tired, but I couldn't hold this in any longer and wait until morning to write it down!
Love all of you so much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment