Thursday, April 25, 2013

Busy redoing a little bit of everything! ;)

   I know the past couple posts have been about Baylor Birthday party, but I am so excited about it and thankfully it is coming up quick!  I have a little over 2 weeks to finalize everything and get invitations in the mail by Monday! AHHH I still don't have the invites or any idea what they might look like!  I just feel like I have been so busy doing some updates around the house since I know we are going to have a lot of guests in our home soon!  When I say updates I mean I look around my house for things I don't like and figure out how I can redo them ;) Which brings me to my latest redo!
   Oh sweet little 2 drawer chest in our entryway you look like the perfect candidate for an update!

Thanks to Pinterest I have been dying to do some sort of turquoise piece in my house!  So I finally just said I can/am going to do it!  After painting the high chair I decided I can try a small piece and see what happens and let me just tell you, I am more than excited about the finished piece!  Here she is in all her turquoise and glazed glory!




I am pretty smitten with this!  ;)  I used this blog as my over view, but I will go over briefly what I used since I am not good at following directions, and not so patient when I want to just see the end result.  I rolled it with Kilz that we had in the garage, followed by Rustoleum Lagoon, Rustoleum Transformations Java Glaze, and finally a few coats of polycrylic!  I am so happy with the results but now I feel like I need a new lamp and some flowers for the entry way instead of my drab decor now ;)  Super excited my house is coming together slowly but surely thanks to Pinterest and all you other wonderful bloggers out there!  
  In other things we did finally paint our pergola, but I have yet to take a picture!  Gotta get on that! We are getting our son dedicated this Sunday at our new church that we absolutely LOVE!  Its Gracepointe Church in Peachtree City, Ga and it is so fabulous!  I knew it was home for me when we were singing during worship, the first Sunday we visited, and we were singing Agnus Dei, it was just so powerful I couldn't help but let the tears flow as I felt the Lord just envelop my heart! So happy we are there and already excited that this past Sunday I got to serve in the nursery!  Thank you Lord!  Well hate to cute this short, but Baylor has woken up from his nap and my tea stain outdoor curtain probably needs to be taken out! Pictures to come!  Have a great rest of the week and weekend! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment